Monday, April 16, 2012

Song Review: 4 Minute's "Volume Up"


4 Minute releases their song "Volume Up" in their 3rd mini album "Volume Up", which was released on April 9th, 2012. This mini album has a total of seven songs: "Get on the Floor", "Volume Up", "I'm OK", "Say My Name", "Femme Fatale", "Dream Racer", and "Black

THE SONG:

The song "Volume Up" is very upbeat, energetic, and rebellious as well. I think this song fits into 4 Minute's usual musical style. I really like this song because of the beat and the meaningful lyrics, it really moves me. Throughout the song there are solo saxophone parts and the song also has a techno sound to it.



THE MV:

In the MV, there are many things that caught my attention. It starts out with HyunA walking, then you hear little echo sounds. They also show her tattoo, which reads "My mother is the heart that keeps me alive". Then, when she turns around she shoots her red vampire looking eyes, which completely stunned me. I felt like I was watching one of those vampire scenes in "Twilight". They also have some interesting objects like a snake wrapped around them and a skull. The meaning behind the MV is about all the hateful and offensive comments and criticism that girls groups face online. Overall, I like the MV and all of the five girls were confident during the scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment